you are looking to add strength, durability and aesthetic appeal to your home you should definitely consider cladding stones to be installed on the exterior or the interior of the home. There are definitely a number of ways in which stone clarity in completely change the look of your space.
What you should keep in mind when using cladding stones
If you have considered stone cladding for your walls there are certain things which you need to keep in mind. These include the following:
You should definitely consider the weight as well as the property of the stone which is going to be used for cladding. Since you would be attaching a heavy material to a vertical surface it is generally expected that the wall should be durable enough to bear the weight of the additional reading material.
Which stones are ideal to be used as cladding stones?
There are many natural stones which make grade cladding material. Sedimentary rocks like limestone and sandstone are a good choice. However designers and architects also experiment with marble as well as granite.
When it comes to selecting the right stone type of cladding there are certain factors which are taken into consideration. These include the appearance of the stone and its intended purpose along with the size of the project. The durability and the strength of the material is considered as well. The following are some of the most commonly used stones.
- Basalt is dark and bluish grey in color. It can be used for external as well as internal cladding. It has a fine grained appearance and also has good insulating capability. It is idea to weather proof your home using basalt as a cladding material.
- Bluestone is a name implied for Basalt and limestone which is available in different hues of blue. It has a certain quaint charm and aesthetic appeal and is also used inside the homes to add some character to the walls.
- Granite ranges from being grey to almost black in color. It is very durable and is a popular building material for both internal and external cladding.
- Jerusalem stone dates back to hundreds of centuries. It is a mixture of limestone and dolomite. This combination makes it completely weather resistant and is a common exterior cladding material.
- Limestone is not only aesthetic but quite flexible as well. It is available in a hue of colors ranging from white to beige with subtle browns in between. It is ideal to be used on the front of the building because it can be carved and shaped with ease.
- Marble is also a popular choice but somehow is not very common because of it being quite expensive.
If you are not so sure about the cladding material you can take a look at some of the smaller samples which would be available from your manufacturer. It would help you get an idea regarding the color and the texture of these above mentioned stones. KLS Sandstone are sandstone suppliers in Sydney, and they have a variety of samples you can choose from.